cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media app showing account closed

Jo_H16
Joining in

I've just returned to Virgin. I've managed to self install my equipment but cannot use any of the apps (My Virgin Media, TV Go etc) as they display a message saying my account is inactive or closed - the email I used when rejoining Virgin is the same one I previously used which I believe is causing the issue. 

Please can somebody remove my old amount, or merge the two, or advise on how I can fix this issue. Thanks. 

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Helenfamily09 thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the My Virgin Media and the email for it's use.
May I ask if your services have been set up? If not, then you would not be able to make a My Virgin Media until the services have been installed.
Or has the email been previously used for a different My Virgin Media account?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the reply, we had Virgin installed at a previous address however just moved home.

we started a new deal at the new address so I think the email address may still be linked to the old account 

Hi Helenfamily09, thanks for getting back to us.  

It does indeed sound as though the username is attached to the former address/account.  I would love to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Helenfamily09
Joining in

Is there someone who can call us to remove my husbands email from his old Virgin account so he can sign back up. We’ve waited a week for a call back and are desperate to order some boosters but can’t until we can log in. 

iphone12
Tuning in

My Virgin app still says the incorrect billing amount and says it’s overdue which it is not, so I have to keep paying my bill manually incase it over charges me by direct debit,I have tried reinstalling the app.

Hello. Whenever I open Virgin Media Connect, it says my account has been closed. I have tried registering a different account but it always say my email is still in use . I have a new account number now but whenever I log in to my virgin media, it still shows the old account number. Please thank you.

Hi there @bonmagbago

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your My Virgin Media account and connect app. 

I would be happy to see if we can arrange a transfer of log in details via a PM. I will pop one across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you