Menu
bollygirl
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media account

Hi all

I recently moved house and got installed on 23/3. Since then I cannot log in to my Virgin Media account. I received a final bill on the old account but could not view it and was told that the old account was disabled and that I should set up a new one. I tried to do so and got the message that my account information was wrong. I was using the new account number given to me by the engineer and stated in my new bill. I have now spoken to three different people in tech support all of whom have been very nice and assured me that the problem is fixed, but it is not and I still cannot access my account. I’ve been sent a large bill which I cannot view and am going round in circles. I’ve spent several hours on hold in total and can’t get a resolution. On top of this since install I have no Catch Up or On Demand service and then engineer who promised to come back after his 5 days leave has not done so and now says he is off until 21st. 

Can anyone help? I really, really don’t fancy paying £154 until this is sorted. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media account

Good Morning bollygirl,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see there has been an issue with the self-care account. Can you tell me if you're using a different E-Mail address from the one you used for the former self-care account?

The E-Mail address you used to log into the former account sadly can not be used as the primary account on the account that's been created at your new property

In regards to Catch Up and On Demand - do you have access to these services on other devices in the property whilst connected to the Wi-Fi services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
bollygirl
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Thank you for the welcome and for responding.

I have indeed been using the same email address for both accounts. It’s amazing that I’ve spoken with three different people and no one has informed me of this. They told me they could migrate the email to my new account and that it would be active within 24 hours. It makes me wonder what they were doing during our 40 min phonecall!

So is it as simple as setting up the account with a new email address? 

Re catch up and on demand - I’m not sure I understand - do you mean can I access Virgin on demand through another device? 

I can access Prime and Netflix using my iPhone and chromecast, but I cannot access on demand movies for example. 

Best wishes 

Keily

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bollygirl,

Please try setting up your new My VM account with a different email address and let me know how you get on. If it's still not working, I will raise an IT ticket for you 🙂

Ahh, I see. So you are unable to access our Catch Up / On Demand services on any device? Can you try rebooting your TV box for me please?

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
bollygirl
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I have tried creating the new account but when I enter my surname, area and account number it tells me the details are incorrect. They are not though. 

I have rebooted my box, several times, I have reconnected to network, I have unplugged everything and reconnected, and nothing. I have just rebooted it again now and I get the error code V273 - for both Catch Up and On Demand. It says please try again in a few minutes. It’s been like this since install (23/3)

Keily

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay, I am going to PM you now bollygirl so that I can take a look at your account and see what is happening with the access to your My Virgin Media and your TV issue.

Please look out for the notification!

Thanks

Serena

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Keily, I have raised at IT ticket regarding your access to My Virgin Media. Please allow 5 working days for this to be processed.

I have checked your account and seen that your TV V6 box is having issues which could be causing the problems with your On Demand Service, so I have booked a technician visit for you to get this resolved.

The date of the technician visit is scheduled and you may find the details via your online account where you may re-schedule it if necessary. Hope that's okay.

Serena

0 Kudos