Menu
christon_d
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media account with old account number

Hi,

I've recently moved address and as part of migrating my virgin broadband there was an issue and I was issued with a new account number. Unfortuntately when I sign into my My Virgin account it shows my new address but with the old account number so the associated details like bills etc are not available. Does anyone know if there is a way to update the account number, or do I need to sign up with an alternative email with the new account number? I couldn't see an option to update the account number or add an account number to my account. 

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Virgin Media account with old account number

Hi christon_d

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion with the account. Basically whenever you have an account you get assigned an account number. If you left and rejoined in the same property, you'd get assigned virtually the same number, but the numbers at the end would increase, 01-02 etc. If you moved house, the number would be different in it's entirety. 

The process of moving the old log in details to the new account is called a Move and Transfer. I shall send you a PM now to get some details and get this processed.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media account with old account number

Hi @christon_d

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the transfer was done.

Let me know if any issues tomorrow mate and will happily help

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos