cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Account

Kaye-26
Tuning in

Has anyone else had any issues setting up their My Virgin account? No matter what I use as a password, I keep getting an error saying “unable to use this password”.

I’ve followed all the requirements of using a numbers, letters, capitalisation, having the correct number of characters, and not using any special characters. 

Thanks for any help ☺️

6 REPLIES 6

ALF28
Super solver

password reset- “unable to use this password”.

I had the same issue yesterday, it would not accept the 10 digits, this happened several times, it also was saying  “unable to use this password”. or "insufficient strength"

I just closed down the page and then clicked on the same reset link and tried again, it took about 6 or more attempts but finally worked using numbers, letter and capitals. (10 digits max)

This may be dute to virgin messing about with the password, it went  from  10 digits to 64 digits and now back to 10 digits,they have been having problems, I also managed to get locked out and if the reset will not work then you will need to keep trying and report back if you still have issues for the forum to advise- perhaps virgin media need to check this out as a fault.

I also was getting a notice DEF01 error.

Just keep trying, the virgin password reset system may be playing up.

also see-

Solved: Customer support just told me 'all ntlworld accoun... - Page 3 - Virgin Media Community - 50...

alf28

Thanks Alf28.  I’ve been trying since Saturday and still nothing. I’ve even tried on a laptop rather than just through a phone or tablet but still nothing. 

I’ll just keep persevering and hopefully it will work eventually…🫤

Hi Kaye-26, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with creating a new password. We're aware that some people are having an issue with this and there are a few things I need to check with you. 

Can you please ensure you are following ALL of the below criteria when choosing a password.

• Between 8-10 characters.
  • Must start with a letter.
  • Contain at least one number.
  • No special characters.

If you are 100% certain that the above requirements are all being met then can you try some different password variations? This is because we've had reports of customers being able to proceed when doing this and it's mainly because some choices are too guessable to be allowed.

You should also try registering through the app or through another browser to see if this helps. 

Should this not work, pop back here and let us know. We will then be able to manually reset the password for you. 

Keep us posted.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm I meet all the requirements and I have tried numerous different words and combinations however, I’m still not able to create a password. 

I have tried to do this via the app, browser, from the link in the email, and on a phone, tablet, and laptop but not having any luck  

I’m a new customer and trying to set up the account for the first time. 

Thanks ☺️

Hi @Kaye-26 thanks for your reply. 

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further, and hopefully get things resolved for you.

Kindly expect this message to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I hope you get it sorted, the registation details need to be exactly as per the application data used, so ensure the email and spellings are all correct.

New customers may have to use a third party email address now I think, as virgin media appear to  have discontinued the broadband email for new customers, unless you were lucky enough to get one.

The online account is needed to manage/view your Virgin media account, and also get the paperless bill reduction  which I think is £21/year.

There has been password issues of recent which may be linked to changes of the virgin media web site and email.

alf28