cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move and Transfer - Moved Home

st3vo83
Tuning in

Hi,

Like some other threads I have come across, I have moved home and I am currently unable to access my new account details on the app. When I log into the app it continues to show my old account. From reading various threads and seeing replies from VM staff I believe a "move and transfer" is required, can someone please contact me to arrange this? I have had no success going through the WhatsApp help for this issue so hoping someone here can help.

Thanks,

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay please wait till you are active and installed with your new services.

If you want to use the same email we can do this if a fresh one don't worry you can change this no problem once you are set up and active.

It will not work until the services are fully active so if you tried tonight no matter what email you used it wouldn't work. 

It comes down to personal preference really but happy to raise this ticket for you if needed Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey st3vo83, thank you for reaching out and a I am sorry to hear this.

When you do move you need to need to set an new account with your new details now depending if you wanted to use the same email or not a move and transfer might not be necessary.

If you wanted to use the same email we would need to do an IT ticket which can 5 working days if you wanted to use a fresh email you can set this up right away please do let us know. Cheers  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me and explaining. I could use a different email to be honest if thats easier, and thinking about it I am sure I received emails to this other email address I use when I went through the moving home process, as I noticed that my account number was different.

So just to clarify we have moved home already and just awaiting the installation of services, can you confirm how best to set up my new account thats registered to my new address ? Thanks.

Okay please wait till you are active and installed with your new services.

If you want to use the same email we can do this if a fresh one don't worry you can change this no problem once you are set up and active.

It will not work until the services are fully active so if you tried tonight no matter what email you used it wouldn't work. 

It comes down to personal preference really but happy to raise this ticket for you if needed Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

st3vo83
Tuning in

Ok thanks, Ill wait until services are installed then as you say and go from there. Thanks again.

Thanks @st3vo83 

Please keep us posted and let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley