Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Login NIghtmare

Good morning,

For a year or more I have had endless difficulty logging into my account on MyVirginMedia. Despite help from phone calls there has been no resolution.

I have a username which is an email address and another email address that is labelled “email address”. If that isn’t already a recipe for confusion and muxip I don’t know what is.

Phone help supplied me with a new password that worked successfully for a short while in combination with ‘username’ email address. Then, on login with the same info I got a yellow error message “We didn’t recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again”. From then onwards impossible to enter site.

I used ‘forgot password’ option and was able to change my password. With varying success. Sometimes the new password worked at other times the yellow error message appeared. But, even with successful change of password and entry into the site after a short while the yellow error appeared again. I have lost count of how many Captchas I have completed today (yesterday now). Probably two successful logins and 15 unsuccessful followed by changes of password etc.

I am rapidly losing patience with this with this unnecessarily complex and fault-ridden system. My hair is already white but having spent the day tearing it out with frustration I may have little left of any colour.
I should be grateful for any advice that helps to resolve this problem. I attach an image of the yellow error message. - sorry no provision.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login NIghtmare

In the absence of advice I found a solution by trial and error. I used 'forgot password' and was able to change it yet again. Having gained entry I went to 'My Profile' and opted to open a new account and used my preferred email as both username and email contact address. After waiting for a confirmation email and then signing-in again, I deleted the troublesome account and have since had no problem signing in and out. I do find the lengthy "Captcha" process, however, intensely irritating.

Is there an easy way to navigate directly to my posts ?  I have not been able to find an obvious link.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login NIghtmare

Hi bgiblinjones,

Thank you for posting on our forum pages and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry for our delayed response and for the trouble you've had in attempt to access your My Virgin Media account. Although I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution in the end. If you do happen to experience any further issues with it please let us know and we will do our best to help from here.

The best way to navigate to your posts on the forums would be by heading over to your profile page at the top right. You'll then see a section that shows your latest posts. I've found that's the easiest way for me at least anyway.

Hope that helps.

Beth

0 Kudos