cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in to my Virgin media saying email not recognised

Gillyt27
Tuning in

It’s saying email not recognised when I try to login in but it’s the email my bill is sent to 

13 REPLIES 13

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gillyt27 Bills are sent to your contact email address.  This is not necessarily the same as the email address used as your My VM account username.

You should be able to check your username here:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you but that’s not working either and I can’t get a number to call 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Gillyt27, 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting!

Sorry to hear you are having some difficulties accessing My Virgin Media. There's a great help page for My VM here 👉 How to manage my account | Virgin Media Help which covers all sorts of issues, including how to register and access your account. 
Can I just check you have registered for the My Virgin Media service, or had access to it previously? 

If you haven't yet, please make sure you have tried registering here 👉 Register My Virgin Media Account and let us know how you get on! We will be here to offer further support if needed - just pop back with an update. Thank you!

All the best! 

Molly

Hi Molly_T

I have tried that and when I put my email in it states

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

Thanks

Hi Gillyt27, thank you for letting me know! Sorry to hear you are getting a DEF01 error. 

This can sometimes happen if you are using an email address that has previously been associated with a former account. Have you ever had services with us linked to this email address before? If so, we will just need to transfer the email over to the new account. 

If not, we will need to get an IT ticket raised for you so the problem can be cleared and we can get you registered. 

Either way, I'm going to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so I can offer help with this! You can find this in your Inbox 📩 in the top right corner of the page. Just let me know in your reply if you have used the email address before with VM services. 

We can return to this public thread with another update when possible! Thanks for your patience whilst we get this sorted. 

All the best. 

Molly

Anyone else at virgin able to help gave molly the details then she said she was finishing up until Wed 😡😡 

I desperately need this sorted all info was passed to molly surely someone else can pick this up 

Can someone from virgin media please advise ?

Hi All, just returning to keep this public thread updated. 

I have returned to the office and am continuing to support Gillyt27 via PM.

Their DEF01 error is present and an IT ticket has been raised to get this resolved. 

Please do bear in mind that the community is not an instant response service, if you ever need support instantly you can call us on📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline. Text us 📲 on +44753 305 1809, and WhatsApp us on +447305 327 112 .

Thank you for your patience whilst we get this sorted! All the best. 

Molly