Menu
Toria22
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is the message facility on My Virgin Media app down?

(A week long conversation)I can no longer message on it and we were mid conversation 🙈

In my last few messages I had asked a complaint to be escalated to a manger as the responses weren’t matching my queries. this was tagged as having been read, along with with other messages but then suddenly the service became unavailable? It’s been like that for 2 days now.

I’m hoping it’s not been done on purpose as that would be really disappointing.  I’ve taken screen shots in case the tread happened to get lost, as it’s in relation to an issue I’ve been reporting since July. Consistently slow speeds. TiVo not working still. Services I don’t need, and being ooc for 2 years.

i did call in July to cancel owing to ongoing issues but it felt more like a sales call than customer service. I have loss of hearing so it’s hard to constantly phone. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is the message facility on My Virgin Media app down?

Hi there @Toria22

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues getting the help you need via our messaging services; sometimes these can end if either we transfer your query to another department and you are awaiting contact from them or if the conversation has timed out. 

I can only apologise that your services have been so bad that you wanted to leave our family. Are you still having issues with your slow speeds and issues with your TiVo? We're here to help so just need some information from you so we can do as such 🙂 

What speeds are you getting? Do you have the slow speeds on both a wired and WiFi connection? I have located your account to go through some checks with you on the broadband. I can see it's been around 5 days since you last rebooted. There are no known area issues listed and no errors showing. Some of your signal levels are a bit lower than we'd like to see, but I'd like to see what things are like once rebooted before we book a technician or send a replacement. 

In regard to your TiVo - what seems to be the issues with it? Currently we're not able to communicate with the box as it is saying that it's switched off; can you confirm that it's on for me and what the issue is so we can assist you further. 

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Toria22
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

thanks for for your response. 

Could you advise me on what the recommended reboot frequency is ? I ask because I’ve never really been advised on this. I mean is five days a really long time to go without rebooting? 

My initial enquiry was about the messaging facility being down, I didn’t realise I could book an engineer on a public forum? Would you like me to post on here when I will and won’t be in my property? Or a contact number perhaps? I did think that there was a contact number on my account details. Is this not the case?

5 days seems to be a recurring theme as this is how long it has taken to get a response. So if I rebooted today, would it mean that in five days we would be in the same predicament? 

I could post the message thread (screenshots) on here where ive been fobbed off in an almighty fashion. I think you may be disgusted too if you or a friend had been treated in such a way. 

My initial complaint was raised on 23/7/2020 by phone 😬

resorted to messages so so I had a thread to follow. 

Any way, thanks for your response! 

You lnow what what they say, you can pick your friends! 

Much love x

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toria,

Thank you for coming back to us, in regards to when to do a reboot I reboot my equipment once a week just to make sure ,

I have had a look at things our end and I can see there are errors showing with your downstream power levels and although you have rebooted your V6 box I can see the router hasn't been rebooted for over 8 days, please can you check all your internal and if possible external connection are hand tight, once done please unplug your router from the power leave 2 minutes then plug back in.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos