cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bills after new contract - Help!

julianrob77
Tuning in

This is a saga I think other people need to know about. Im writing it down before I have a stroke, its so stressful.

So ive been with virgin for about 8 years, even moving home. I have never experienced the level of incompetence and awful customer service as I have recently. I have been on the M125 and basic TV package, paying about £80 a month. I always thought this was too much, and for a very long time (about 3 years) ive been 'out of contract' with Virgin. This is not to say I did not explore getting a better deal of course, i did frequently, on the phone and online. It seems it was as good as it got.

So, around mid July I had an email, save 1/3 on your costs, just sign up for 18 months. I thought, great! did it more or less straight away. Then the madness began.

I had 2 emails about me 'enquiring' about Volt benefits (when i made no such enquiries) and then suddenly my package was changed from M125 to M250 + volt without my consent. This pushed my monthly cost up from the lower amount I agreed to (£56 per month) to a new higher cost, of £75.25, which is very close to what I was paying before the change to the contract.

Things get even worse. Of course, I complained- and in response I was offered an even lower package price, great, i thought. Thats something. Oh how wrong I was.

It appears that this new price, which I did NOT agree to, has remained stuck in my account. I have complained several times since, and im being told im on the lower price that the complaint was resvolved to. But my online account shows no difference at all, Ive been billed for a higher price I did NOT agree to, and in fact, disconnected for non payment as soon as a new bill was generated. This is crooked behaviour and totally wrong to a long term customer.

I am simply trying to sort this out. if my account, and billing showed me the resolution I keep being told has been agreed (including money off) then thats all fine. Addtional payments Ive made are not showing on my account either. Ive been clear about this issue with the Resolutions Team, and their last response was despicable, berating me for late payments over the years, as if I am to blame for their malfuntioning customer accounts.. if that even is the case.

I am getting nowhere on the phone or whatsapp either, being assured my account would be corrected. I signed a new contract on Thursday, at the low rate which we agreed three weeks ago, and again, nothing has changed. 

This is clearly a racket going on. I suggest voting with your feet, they cannot be trusted.

0 REPLIES 0