cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to reset my account password. It is saying i need to speak to someone as I cannot reset it

SAWYER2_3
Joining in

I have been trying to reset my password on my VM account.  Every time I try, I am getting a message saying I cannot reset it online at the moment as I don't have additional details set up on my account.

I cannot believe I need to ring someone regarding this.  I did try, but gave up.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @SAWYER2_3,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry that you are having this issue with your My VM account, I would like to go about getting this resolved with you, so that I can do so I am going to send you a private message so that I can confirm some details off you.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @SAWYER2_3,

Glad we could have that private chat to go about resolving your issue, if you do have any further questions or queries do please reach out.

Joe

Thank you.  I do have one question (which is how this issue came about)...do I need to set up an email address, which is not a virgin media one, on my account? 

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @SAWYER2_3,

It can help to have a non Virgin email associated to the account, what we would advise you do is go into your account settings and make sure that all security information is set up and up to date so that if this issue repeats it is easier for you to fix.

Joe 

Hi

I am now trying to change my password (for obvious reasons).  However it is asking me to change my email address to a non virgin one.  I was sent a link on 17th August but, was unable to change due to my previous issue. 

I have tried again to change the email address so that I can change the password but I am getting the message that I have recently requested to change my email address.   Please check my email and verify this change.  The link has expired and it won't send me another link.

I am getting extremely frustrated with all these issues.  I understand the need for security, but Virgin media are not making it easy.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @SAWYER2_3,

Sorry to hear you are still having this issue with your account, as I was previously in a Private message with you, if you can please get back to me there I will be bale to assist further with this issue.

Joe