cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP-504

Johnny1983
Fibre optic

Hi 

When running tests through the my virgin media app I'm getting an unexpected error occured . Something went wrong. 

Error code HTTP-504. 

J.H
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're getting this error. Can you expand a little and let us know what tests you're trying to run and what issues you're having with your services so we can provide some further support for you?

Do you get the same error when running the tests through a browser instead of the app? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're getting this error. Can you expand a little and let us know what tests you're trying to run and what issues you're having with your services so we can provide some further support for you?

Do you get the same error when running the tests through a browser instead of the app? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi . Running tests works fine on your website. It just doesn't work on your app . It's been like it for sometime. I've only just got round to reporting it to you .  Please can you look into it. And get the error repaired ? HTTP-504

J.H

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and for expanding too. 

We're glad things are working on the browser for you. We can get this looked into for you but can you advise which tests you are running and which app this is relating too? 

Once I have this information I can pass this over to the relevant teams. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

The error is in the my virgin media app. It comes up on the option which says tests at bottom of app once opened. It won't let me run any tests. That's the first thing that appears . 

J.H

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thanks for confirming that for us. Just a few more questions:

• Do you get the same issue when using another device?
  • What make and model device are you using?
  • Can you confirm you're running the latest version of the app?
  • Please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing too making sure you omit any personal information. 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath 

Did tell you what I'm getting in the previous messages. 

I've got the google pixel 6. With the latest updates for my phone and Google play app . I keep my phone and app fully up to date . 

J.H

Hi Johnny1983, 

I realise that you've put the error message and the route to the error message but as we've been unable to replicate it at this end, I will need a screenshot to add to the ticket. 

Can you also confirm if you're getting the same error when using the app on another device?

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath 

Please see screen shot. Hope this helps you fix my issue. My virgin media app is upto date software wise. Same as my phone .

Screenshot_20230324-121427.png

J.H

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thanks for coming back with the screenshot. 

I've passed this information over to the relevant teams now. The only thing we're missing is whether you're getting the same error when using the app on another device?

If so can you also let me know the make and model of this device just so we can update the information. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team