cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to create MyVirginMedia Account

EmWag1999
Tuning in
Hi, 
I have been trying to create a My Virgin Media account as I have just bought a broadband package.
When I type my email in and confirm, the following message comes up:

"Oops, we've ran into a problem,

Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01) "

I have seen this problem on here a few times but never seen an actual solution - which I'm sure you'll agree isn't giving a good sign for my future contract with you.

I have tried on multiple internet browsers on PC, as well as on phone, and via the app; all to no avail.

Is there any solution to this...???

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey EmWag1999, thank you for reaching back out to us. I am sorry this is still happening.

We've made some changes to our website recently, please can you try and make an account via this link 

Also with the password can you try something like this ;Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. 

Also sometimes the system will only allow you when you are close to your install day or shortly after you have been installed.

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, the link in your reply isnt allowing me to open it at all (It's not activated), but I will try closer to my install and see 🙂

Ah, the link in my email worked even though it took me to the exact same page... 

I'm now able to get past the 'email' section of signing up, but then it asks me for the reference numbers etc (which are all correct), before then coming up with  the same message upon confirmation...

Hi EmWag1999, thank you for letting me know this. 

I am going to send you a PM so I can raise you an IT ticket on the matter.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?