cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when creating password

Laura214
Joining in

I can see so many people have had this issue and the threads go on and on back and forth for pages with no resolution. I've tried so many times both on the website and app to create an account but get the error message that I can't use that password (no matter what I try to choose) might cancel the contract as still within the 14 day window as it's ridiculous 

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Laura214, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. Try something like part of  your address and part of postcode.

Please keep us updated on how you get on. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew

I have tried numerous passwords and get the same error every time. I can see from the forum this is a common bug/issue when trying to create a new account and can't see theres any resolutions in any of the threads. Please can you look into this as I may need to cancel the contract. Thank you 

What error is it giving you when you are trying this? 

I would also try a simple password the simpler the better.

If you have any issues after this please let us know. 

We don't deal with cancellations via the forums sorry, 

If you wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a text with a description of the cancellation to 07533 051809 this will go into a queue, or you can send a letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I

Sorry Laura214, I can only see part of your message which is just 'I'

Did you manage to get this resolved and make an account? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?