cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit not showing on My Virgin Media app - urgent need to cancel

FionaHE
Tuning in

We had internet problems over the weekend.  After the usual resets etc the system recommended an engineer visit which it booked for 1.12.22.  Fortunately I took a screenshot of the details and booking number as it is not showing up on the My Virgin Media app.  

Our internet now seems fine and I want to cancel the visit, but I cannot find it anywhere on My Virgin Media, either on the website or the App.  I do not want to be charged for something I can't cancel.  Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FionaHE wrote:

We had internet problems over the weekend.  After the usual resets etc the system recommended an engineer visit which it booked for 1.12.22.  Fortunately I took a screenshot of the details and booking number as it is not showing up on the My Virgin Media app.  

Our internet now seems fine and I want to cancel the visit, but I cannot find it anywhere on My Virgin Media, either on the website or the App.  I do not want to be charged for something I can't cancel.  Can anyone help please?

The most likely reason is that an area fault was discovered and rectified.  In these circumstances any individual engineer appointments for issues related to the area fault are automatically cancelled.  This would explain why the the booking is no longer showing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FionaHE wrote:

The most likely reason is that an area fault was discovered and rectified.  In these circumstances any individual engineer appointments for issues related to the area fault are automatically cancelled.  This would explain why the the booking is no longer showing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Graham_A for your speedy reply.  I wondered if it might be that, but glad that's not just my thinking.

Hi @FionaHE,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

As has been explained in this thread, if the appointment has since been removed following a recent known area impacting fault then it's because we believe the fault impacting you has now been resolved. If you are continuing to face issues though, and/or you'd like us to double-check that it has been cancelled then please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach_R - I would be grateful if you could check that the appointment has been cancelled.  The booking reference is 13387762, for between 8 and 12 on 1 December 2022.  The worrying thing is that it never turned up in my My Virgin Media app at all, even initially, which makes me think there may have been a glitch in the system.

Many thanks.

Thanks for coming back to us FionaHE. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L