cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails received for new contract and order. No change to package.

harribojo
Tuning in

Apologies if I have put this under the wrong board I can't see one that really applies.

On Sunday 12/02/23 I upgraded my package through my virgin media. I received contract summary sheets reflecting the offer I selected at the prices I was expecting.

I received an order summary email stating an order activation date of 15/02/23 but my package still shows the old details.

Clicking to view my contract says VM don't have a copy of my contract. I don't have any orders and appointments.

Something has gone wrong I think. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction or help lease?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks very much, that's what I'll do.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @harribojo 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the package issue

If you could contact our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to resolve your package issue for you and a contract can be resent via the team if so 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks very much, that's what I'll do.

Thanks harribojo, let us know how you get on 🙂

Rob

harribojo
Tuning in

Sorry for the delay in getting back about this. I rang up and was told that it should be impossible for me to be offered a package that costs less than I am already paying.

I was told I can choose to stick with what I am paying, choose a package that costs more... Or I can be put through to cancellations.

Does Virgin not have some obligation to fulfil the contract that they sent me?

harribojo
Tuning in

Just spent over 90 minutes on the phone being passed by 4 or 5 people who all would only offer me the same for more money or less for the same money. I then asked to make a complaint and my phone... Lost connection.

Hi harribojo, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. We're sorry to hear the teams haven't been that helpful. 

We're unable to help with package changes here which is why Travis advised you to call in. We can only help when it comes to packages that have been applied but the billing is incorrect. 

As your package wasn't applied, the only thing I can advise is to call and speak to the team again I'm afraid. It's worth noting that they will only be able to apply any package options that are currently available to you so a previous offer may no longer be available. 

Speak tot he team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4 again. To raise a complaint online, you can do this here

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks so much for your help, I have already raised a complaint after being advised I could do so online when I rang back a third time.

I am struggling to understand what current offers are available has to do with an existing contract I was sent except within the VM system. It may not have been applied, but again that feels like an error on VMs part. Or of course as one of the agents said it is impossible for me to take an offer that is less than I am already paying which sounds shady.

As far as I am concerned I have been sent a contract and as a result both parties are bound by it. The contract cannot be cancelled by not being applied properly any more than I can stop paying, delete the email and claim there is no contract.

Unless I am advised differently I believe that a contract was made and VM are not abiding by it.

It feels inevitable at this point that I will have to take this to the ombudsman as it seems to be impossible for VM to comply with the obligations of their contract. When the annual price rise hits on my existing agreement it MUST be OK for me to say the price rise has not applied properly to my direct debit and VM will be fine with it.

Right? Or are the expectations different when it comes to my obligations in a contract?

Hi harribojo,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am really sorry to hear you've been struggling to get this issue ironed out. We don't usually assist with package change queries from here, however we'd like to help.

I've sent you over a private message so I can take some details. You'll be able to access my message over at the purple envelope 😊

Thank you

Beth