cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password on app

GlennP1
Joining in

Hello 

I've just changed 2 of my email address passwords, for using on my Email app. I used the email generate thing in my virgin media, can I change this password manually to something I will remember 🤔 if yes how.

Thanks

Glenn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GlennP1  No it isn't possible to set your own Mail app password, only the system generated one can be used.  This is in common with other ESPs such as Microsoft.

I think that @Ilyas_Y is referring to the My Virgin Media password used to access VM webmail which you can set to a password of your choice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GlennP1 👋🏼 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

Sorry to hear the troubles you're having with the password.
Please read this article here for more information how to reset the My Virgin Media password,

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello 

Thanks for the link but none relates to my question.

I have reset my password for my email app, using the generate a password thing you supply. It works fine.

My question was can I change thos password to something related to me, instead of using the generate a password thing.

Hope this is a bit clearer in what I'm needing. I can't fond anywhere to change my app password to something of my choice, only option was the generator.

Thanks

Glenn

Thanks for the reply!

And the answer is yes, you can change the password to whatever you like. 🙂
Hope this answers the question, and to change the password for the email would be within the settings tab.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GlennP1  No it isn't possible to set your own Mail app password, only the system generated one can be used.  This is in common with other ESPs such as Microsoft.

I think that @Ilyas_Y is referring to the My Virgin Media password used to access VM webmail which you can set to a password of your choice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham 

Not a good move to be honest. 

johnblakemore
On our wavelength

I have three VM emails and I have changed the main one for my ipad app with the new four words etc.

Will this apply to my other email addresses on an App or do I need an App password for each one?

Hi @johnblakemore, thanks for joining in.

Can you confirm which E-Mail supporting application you're referring to?

Is this the standard mail app that comes with the iPad pre-installed?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes it is.

John

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnblakemore wrote:

I have three VM emails and I have changed the main one for my ipad app with the new four words etc.

Will this apply to my other email addresses on an App or do I need an App password for each one?

Each individual email address will require a separate Mail App password for use with an email client.  The only exception is if the address is an alias of another blueyonder email address.