cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Def01 error when trying to create account

EmilyS32
Joining in

Hi there,

Like many other people here it seems I get a DEF01 error when I try to register for a my virgin media account.

If anyone can either give me a solution or pm me any help I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi EmilyS32,

sorry to hear about your account registering error and thanks for providing the error code as well, this is very helpful 🙂

Can you please confirm which email address you are trying to register with? Has this email ever been used as username to any other virgin accounts in the past?

Also, please try the below fixes before we see into more technical solutions for this:

Try a different password. 

Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. 

No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters.

Let us know if this has worked for you, we will be happy to provide further support where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm trying to use the same email address I used to order my broadband plan with virgin. This is the first time I have used virgin's services so it is also the first I use this address with them.

I haven't been asked to provide a password yet. I hit the register button which then asks only me for my email as a first step and when i hit continue it gives me that Def01 error.

I dont know if it matters but I haven't received my virgin media kit (it's out for delivery right now and should arrive today) but it was my understand that I could create a virgin media account before the kit's delivery.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Oh that makes a lot of sense now, EmilyS32,

Thanks so much for all the information provided here - this helps a lot.

In this case, let me advise that in order to register for MyVM online, your services must be activated so we enable this step for you.

It would not work before your hub is installed, I'm afraid.

Please, wait for the equipment to arrive and as soon as you do, follow the instructions on the QuickStart Guide that comes along with the equipment (little booklet)

Once you have completed the installation process and your services are up and running (Broadband set up and internet access granted) you can click on this link here

and follow the registration process as normal.

It should allow you to register without trouble at this point, however it may take up to 24 hours from the installation so try again later if it doesn't let you do it straight away 😉

I hope this helps.

Let us know how you get on with it, give us a shout if you keep getting any errors after.

Always happy to assist

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs