cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant create password for Virgin Media account

joekevinholland
Joining in

Hello, i have been trying to create a account as I currently am paying for broadband and need to amend some features. 

when i get to the page on the website to try and create a password it says every entry is incorrect. I have tried 50 different ones.

please can someone help as I really need access and its a pain having to try multiple browser and clear cache for nothing to change.

53 REPLIES 53

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @joekevinholland

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to here you're having issues creating a password for your online account. Our IT team are aware of this and are working towards a resolution. In the meantime, can you please try to register with this link and make sure to follow the below criteria for your password;

• Between 8-10 characters
  • Start with a letter
  • Contain at least one number
  • No special characters

Let me know if this has worked for you.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Was this ever resolved? I’m having the exact same issue. I’m trying to create a My Virgin account and every time I get to the password creation section, it tells me that I “can’t use that password” eventhough it meets all the requirements. It even tells me that it meets all the requirements. I’ve tried so many times and it’s really frustrating. Please help! 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @EmilyJans1994,

Welcome, thanks for joining the thread.

I am sorry that you are having the same password issues, have you tried the steps given by Carley?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello - I have tried all the above steps too, yet have been through about 50 password options. Is this a known glitch at this time? Many thanks for any help you can give us. K

Hi CountryPA

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the online account creation issue. This is a known issue which we are aware of. Some accounts we are able to create, however some need to be raised with our IT team. 

I shall send you a PM now to see if we can fix it

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, can someone assist me with this same problem? i'm trying to track my order but im unable to create a password after trying many, many different options

Cheers,

Hey @cstephens,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Have you tried to create a password using the below criteria

• 8-10 characters 
  • Starts with a letter 
  • Includes at least one number 
  • No special characters

If so, can you try a new browser for me? This has worked for me in the past to solve this. The last thing to try if the new browser doesn't work, try clearing all cache/cookies, auto fill passwords and browsing history.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hey Steven,

I've tried this multiple times on different browsers (both phone + PC) to no avail. My delivery is due tomorrow I believe and need to track it

Anything else we can do here?

thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @cstephens, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L