cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive emails on addresses with "+" in it

qwerty98989
Joining in

Hi. When registering for my virgin, I used a "+" in my which acts as an email alias, for example tim+virginmedia@gmail.com . I can receive emails to that address, but for some reason "forgot your password" is not sending me an email. I rang support 6 times to try and rectify this issue with no luck. 

The technical support asked me to register with "tim@gmail.com". When I attempt to register with tim@gmail.com, it says:
"Looks like there's already an account set up with the email address below." and shows me tim+virginmedia@gmail.com which makes sense, because that is the alias to the email I tried to set up. 

What can I do here? Every time I ring, I get taken through the same unhelpful steps. Or a ticket gets raised to the next level of support and I never hear back. 

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @qwerty98989,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you seem to be facing some issues with your email address recently. So that I can assist you further with this, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!