cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create profile for My Virgin Media; cannot submit bug report.

bethylogism
Joining in

I have just signed up to Virgin Media broadband, and I am trying to create a profile on this url: https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/create-profile

I have been unable to create a password. I have tried on the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and mobile (Google / Safari). At first I could not click "Continue". Then I clicked on the fields until the password field displayed an error.  A passcode less than 8 is "too short", longer than 10 is "too long", and so I generated every permutation of 10 character password using lower, upper, number and symbols (s well as not using some of these character types). Nothing. On mobile the page froze.

When I remove the disabled html from the form, submission returns the following error:

"A form was submitted in the windows-1252 encoding which cannot encode all Unicode characters, so user input may get corrupted. To avoid this problem, the page should be changed so that the form is submitted in the UTF-8 encoding either by changing the encoding of the page itself to UTF-8 or by specifying accept-charset=utf-8 on the form element."

I have contacted support but no one has been able to submit a bug report so I am concerned that Virgin does not have a tech department and that I should probably cancel my broadband whilst I am still in the cooling off period.

The have been unable to create a my virgin media profile for my new broadband on either mobile or web (I am currently on web, Firefox and Chrome)/

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi bethylogism,

Hopefully this will help with the characters needed to create a VM password.

It must be 8-10 characters long,  letters and numbers only,  no symbols, no spaces. The first character must be a letter.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bethylogism

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us  🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues creating a My Virgin Media account, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

As so helpfully advised by @newapollo, the password must include letters and numbers only and the first character must be a letter. 

How are things since posting? Have you managed to create the account? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide