cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign up for MyVirginMedia - no passwords accepted

ChrisPF
Joining in

Adding this to the long list of other posts with the same problem.

The sign up page for the MyVirginMedia process (doesn't matter if it's mobile or desktop) has a serious bug where it automatically refuses passwords despite meeting the requirements. I would guess that it is stuck in a deny cycle, so that if your first is denied, then the flag is never cleared. Otherwise every single user would be here with the same issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ChrisPF

Sorry to hear of the password problems when signing up for a Virgin Media account, we understand the frustration this is causing and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Can we ask how you have tried to set this up? What device have you tried on? Do you get any specific error messages?

We would recommend clearing the cache from the browser and if this still doesn't work try a different device or browser.

Rob

Hi Robert,

Same problem with Android, Windows 10 and 3 other devices. This, and the other forums posts, point to the error at your side. Browser doesn't make a difference.

Error reported as below:

vm.png

Hi ChrisPF, 

Thanks for coming back to us about this, I am sorry about this ongoing issue. 

I'm going to send you a private message so that I can take a closer look into this for you. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L