cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t set up new account as it takes me to an old account

Marcn
Tuning in

As a few other people have mentioned previously.

I have just had my broadband installed at my new address, and when logging in online via desktop and app I am taken to the account from my previous address which was closed 5 months ago.

This means I cannot view my current details etc.

I basically need the account numbers changed please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marcn
Tuning in

So I found a solution myself in the end if it helps anyone else.

I logged into my old account and changed the email address to another I have.

after this I was then able to register my new account number with the original email address.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Marcn 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂

I hope the install went well. There currently is an issue with doing M&T's (Move and Transfers) of online accounts. This is being investigated and hopefully resolved soon. This means that sadly we're not able to transfer your existing email to your new address so if you do wish to have an online account currently, this will need a new email setting up.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

That doesn’t work either, it just tells me it is set up to the account I can’t access.

Please get this deleted, I need to have access to my account and details

In that case we'll need to wait for the overall issue to be fixed and then we can do the M&T mentioned in the original reply.

Best, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Marcn
Tuning in

So I found a solution myself in the end if it helps anyone else.

I logged into my old account and changed the email address to another I have.

after this I was then able to register my new account number with the original email address.

Thanks for the update @Marcn 😊 Glad to see that this issue has now been resolved.

Thanks for also advising what you did on your last reply, this will be sure to help guide others with the issue to have this resolved.

Let us know if you need anything further, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules