cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register a Virgin Media account

gazpachofrog
Joining in

I set up a contract a couple of weeks ago and want to register with Virgin Media so that I can control my account. However, when I type in my details to register, it doesn’t recognise me, I believe because my surname has an apostrophe in it which is recognised on my contract but not on the the Virgin Media page - which then also doesn’t recognise my name without it! How do I get around this? 

5 REPLIES 5

Rebecca20
Just joined

Hi,

My uncle has the same problem he joined last month and cannot access his bill, did you manage to sort this out?

Many thanks,

Hi,

Unfortunately not, I never got any response from the team on the forum and haven’t gotten round to calling up customer services yet. I get sent a monthly email saying my bill is ready but can’t access it either!! If I get round to calling up I’ll let you know. Hope your uncle manages to sort it out!

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gazpachofrog 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our community forum ☺.

Sorry to see you are not able to access your online account ☹.

Are you using a different email to the one on your account to register? 

Have you tried it through our app and website? 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Ari,

Thanks for your response. I’ve tried on both the app and the website and have had no luck. It’s definitely the same email as the one on my account as I’ve been getting emails to that account saying that my bills are ready, but I’ve not been able to access them. When I try to register for an online account and I put in my surname with an apostrophe an error message comes up saying that apostrophes are not accepted, however when I remove the apostrophe it says that my account details aren’t recognised. In all the emails I’ve had from Virgin Media the apostrophe is included so I know that the account is set up to include it. 

Hope you can help!

No worries, thank you for letting us know I will send you a PM now,

Please do look out for it. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?