cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my details due to secondary account

myl_35
Tuning in

Hi,

I moved out of my parents house recently and bought my own Virgin Media broadband package.

This is fine, however when I log into anything, I can't manage or view my details anywhere. It just shows my my parents package and it says I have a secondary account.

How can I go about separating my email/account from my parents so I can work with my own account?

I did call regarding this issue over a week ago and was promised a response within 5 working days, but I never got one...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @myl_35

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this. If you have not moved/transferred the service over from your parents home and have started as a new customer, you should be able to create your own online account with your new account number information rather than using the existing account that is registered at your parents home. 

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and then go to 'register an account', fill out the information and let me know if that has worked for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @myl_35

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this. If you have not moved/transferred the service over from your parents home and have started as a new customer, you should be able to create your own online account with your new account number information rather than using the existing account that is registered at your parents home. 

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and then go to 'register an account', fill out the information and let me know if that has worked for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi @Carley_S

I have just tried this and it seems to have worked so far! I had to use a different email, but that's okay!

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

Thanks

Myles

This is good to hear @myl_35

Yes, you will have to use a different email address for the username unfortunately. If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking where the helpful answer was given and this will show anyone else having the same issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley