cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access broadband settings and apps

lrich8
Joining in

I have recently moved into a student property and have not long set up our wifi with virgin. However, when I signed up for the contract I did it while logged onto my existing virgin media account, which happens to be a secondary account. When I log into this account, I can't actually access most things on my account like bills or websafe settings. I was required to give my university email address when I signed onto the contract, and most correspondence goes to this address, but as far as I can tell I don't have an account under that email address with which to actually access bills and settings.

Simply put, I want to be able to access all the bills and settings that I should be able to, but am unsure if signing up to the broadband under a secondary account has hindered this.

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lrich8

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the online account. 

Just to clarify please, do you have two active Virgin Media accounts?

If so, are you in the process of disconnecting the account for the property you no longer reside at?

If you could please expand on this, that would help us to provide the best advise for you going forward. 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for the reply, apologies for not clarifying further.

My own Virgin Media account is a secondary account, which is attached an active primary account belonging to my parents. They use this account for their own Virgin services at their house. I believe that when I set up the contract for broadband at my new student property I did so under my secondary account, but I'm not certain of this, perhaps its possible that a new account was created under my academic email address?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Irich8, 

Thank your post, as the email is registered under a different account it falls under your parent's account, I would advise registering with a different email to see if this helps?

Zoie