Menu
Rizla-King
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

App service status

Hi, so I currently have no service, TV, Broadband and phone.... Why when I go to the app and check status it say all is good... Go through the various tests and end up on a webpage that then tells me that all services are down and expected fix is 21:55 tonight. What's the point of having a service status section on the app if it's not accurate. Appreciate it may seem relatively minor but I deal with my elderly mother in law's service, she had an issue a few weeks ago so I checked the app no issues so I get in the car drive over there thinking she may have done something check everything run the tests to then be told oh yeah service is down... If the information is not accurate don't bother showing it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: App service status

Hi @Rizla-King,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

Sorry to hear you experienced this with our App. We can understand the inconvenience and frustration this may have caused.  

Have you tried deleting the app and redownloading it again to see if the problem persists?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rizla-King
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the mother inlaw occasion was on the old app but the occasion today was on a fresh install of the new app.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know @Rizla-King.

Just to check, has the service status since updated itself with the fault or is it still showing everything is good?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rizla-King
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, all services were restored at about 15:00 so haven't checked since but as far as I'm aware it never changed... The issue started at around 9am and I checked the app shortly prior to my first post so that would hours after the issue started

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The online service status page will only show area issues affecting a large number of customers.  Local issues do not generally show up other than via the phone service for fault checks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know. 

Are you accessing this on Android or iOS?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Rizla-King
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Android 11 Pixel 2 LX

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Rizla-King

Thank you for letting us know and I'm so sorry this has happened with the app, I understand how important it is to have relevant and up to date information on your services, especially when there is an outage!

I am aware that google have been having some issues recently with some of their play-store apps but as there is currently not an outage it may be tough for us to check.

I have fed this back to the relevant teams so they aware this issues happened. If this happens again please message us back on here to let us know. 

Also, if it does happen again, just know that we also have a service status line you can call for updates on 0800 561 0061.

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos