cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App bill

jimmyg123
Joining in

Tried to pay my mum's bill on the app today. Her bill is just over £78 but the app is saying she needs to pay just over £160. She has no other bills outstanding and if I look at most recent bill on the app it has the £78 figure but as soon as I go to make payment it says £160 what the hell is going on.

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jimmyg123, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear there is a billing issues.

Please remember we do bill in advance, could this be for a future payment which is due shortly by any chance? 

You can also go on to your online account for a full break down. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Don't think it's that. It's adding last month's bill to this month's plus a £7.50 late charge but last month's bill was payed and the payment came out of her bank on the 14th of December. The exact amount it says she owes is £160.68. this is last month's bill (already paid) of £74.75 plus this month's £78.43 plus £7.50. this is wrong because she has already paid last month's bill through the app last month and her bank statement says the £74.75 came out on the 14th of December. 

Thanks for coming back to us @jimmyg123.

Can you possibly confirm on what date the bills are produced?

There is a possibility that the bill and the payment date were the same date? 

Thus it's generated this inflated bill with late payment fees.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Just been on the app again and gone through to make a payment. It said the bill was £160 all the way up to entering payment details then it auto filled the amount to £78.43 which is this month's bill. Have now payed that so will see what the app says in a couple of days. Last month's bill was paid a few days late as was this month's but that has never been a problem before. I would assume it's a problem with the app missing that last month's bill was paid. If she could get through to anyone to pay it on the phone she would pay it that way as she always used to do it that way and never had a problem but there always seems to be a problem with paying over the phone lately so stuck with using the app. Anyway this month's bill has been paid now as has last month's so if she gets any letters or texts or emails in the future saying she's missed a payment or owes a big chunk of money we will just cancel and go elsewhere. At her age she doesn't need the stress of thinking she owes a big chunk of money and then worrying about how to pay it. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jimmyg123 wrote:

If she could get through to anyone to pay it on the phone she would pay it that way as she always used to do it that way and never had a problem but there always seems to be a problem with paying over the phone lately so stuck with using the app. 

Hi @jimmyg123 

Pleased to see that the payment amount was only £78.43 in the end.

I don't know which number you or mum generally call to make payments, but there is a dedicated automated payment line on 0800 064 3777. It’s available to use all day, every day.

Just make sure to have the account number and area reference handy. You can find these details at the top right hand corner of the bill.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for coming back to us @jimmyg123, and I'm pleased to hear that you've been able to make the payment and clear the balance that was left to pay. 

I would advise that the app will continue to show the bill at the amount it was originally issued as this will appear as printed.

However, based on what you've advised in the thread, it's likely that the bills is produced around this date each month, and as a result, arranging a payment a few days earlier into next month, might be a worthwhile, to avoid further late payment fees

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

This is getting beyond a joke now. She has just received this month's bill saying she owes £160.68. that is the £78.43 that was paid through the app last week and has come out of her bank plus a £7.50 late fee and this month's bill of £73 and her normal paper bill charge of £1.75. This is not on. She's an elderly disabled woman with enough to worry about without your lot trying to charge her twice for one month. She is now panicking that everything is going to get cut off. This needs sorting and sorting now or you will be loosing yet another customer and not just that but a loyal customer as she has been with virgin media for years and before that when it was blueyonder. 

Hey jimmyg123, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear there is a billing issues.

I would like to look into this and get this resolved for you, I am going to send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?