cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Account inactive”

amstreater
Joining in

Summary: I can’t log in to My Virgin Media app - it says my account is inactive or closed. I did close an account recently but have since opened a new one. 

More details:
I had a Virgin Media broadband account and moved house. I closed it because the new place still had broadband service from the owner for a few weeks. Then I opened a new account with VM and am now set up with my new kit. 

Downloaded the My Virgin Media app (hadn’t used it before) and when I logged in it said my account was inactive or closed. No options to get support, just option to switch to another user. When I log in to Virgin Media on the website, it doesn’t have any details of my new account, just my final bill of my old account. It’s as if my new account doesn’t exist, but I have received emails about it to the same email. Not sure how to access my new account, or where to get support. The help center sends me round in circles, there aren’t any relevant pages about an inactive account. 

What I see trying to log in to the app:

IMG_8978.png

What I see logging in to virginmedia.com - these final bill details are about my old contract. 

IMG_8982.png

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@amstreater  When you opened the new account you should have asked for a 'Move and transfer' from your old account to the new one 

When the VM Forum Team reach this thread they should be able to advise you if this is still possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amstreater,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community.

Apologies to hear that since moving home, you've not been able to access your My Virgin Media. When you move, you get a new account so therefore My VM needs to be re done. As the email address is already connected to your old address however, we would need to complete a move and transfer like Graham_A has mentioned. 

To do this, I will need to clarify a few details with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amstrater, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message.

We're glad things are all sorted for you now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs