Menu
Simon51
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

virgin refusing to refund credit, but are discontinuing my service

I am having this issue with Virgin Mobile for my pensioner mother-in-law. Her mobile has been disconnected and no new SIM was sent.  Looks like Virgin want to isolate pensioners on payg!

Unfortunately we are unable to get through the security questions with CS as she never set up an online account . Consequently we are unable to reset password and account details so are locked out and Virgin Media keep the credit whilst providing no service.  Looks like we are in a vicious circle: how many other vulnerable people are caught up in this?

Any suggestions on a resolution? Started a complaint.

0 Kudos
tonycollis
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin refusing to refund credit, but are discontinuing my service

Dear Simon51

I think you are going to have some difficulty; you are not the account holder, and unless you have a POA or written authority to act, they won't be able to speak to you - Data Protection Act - who thought that was a good idea?

My own son holds a POA - getting old as well. Just in case.

Unless she gives you permission to act., I don't see how even the super team here could do anything for you.

Sorry to be so pessimistic. I fully agree about abandoniing vulnerable customers, but of course we don't spend much and are not on nice, lucrative contracts.

Why not try the "Team" here, just to check?

yours

Tony

0 Kudos
tonycollis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

By the way, the manager from the "formal complaints department" called me and not only checked that everything had been resolved, he insisted on making a small goodwill gesture as well....
So your formal complaint letter might be a good solution, provided she signs it too,
Tony
Simon51
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Thanks and I have POA and acting on her behalf.  She is deaf so can't talk to CS.

Like you she never received a new SIM. She has already raised a complaint and are pursuing that route in parallel.

Simon

0 Kudos
tonycollis
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In that case, why not ask "The Team" here to try to help, too?
Good luck
Tony
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Simon51,

I would like to help you out with this but would need to take this to a private message, so that we can confirm the details of your mother-in-laws account.

Please look out for my private message and reply, so that we can get this looked into.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos