Menu
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

trying to get an unlocking code!!

OK, wife has a nokia 100 we got from VM  with a sim....

We have been advised we need a 'new' sim, (probably the purple 'upgrade' that won't work on most phones!!)....

BUT...... I know that this phone is locked to VM on EE and will need to be unlocked to work with the new sim....

So, tried the local VM shop before lockdown, they told me that they were unable to unlock, as it was locked to EE, as they used their masts, and I needed to speak to EE....

EE said, that as the phone was purchased from VM...they should unlock it...

Been trying to get this stupid unlock code from EE, VM, and no joy either way...

So, is there a mod on here who IS able to provide the unlock code??

(also been advised that the new sim won't work on the nokia 100 anyway (apparently it doesn't like most older nokia's, not that the 100 is that old!), but, at least if we can get a code to unlock, we can get a PAC code, and she can at least swap providers...)

Currently still using the old sim, but a new one is needed we are informed, and the old one will be deactivated!!

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: trying to get an unlocking code!!

Hi HughJarsse,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about this. What I will do is private message so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: trying to get an unlocking code!!

Just replied to your PM Martin, hope this helps

HughJarsse

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: trying to get an unlocking code!! Now becoming Urgent!!!

Hi Martin_N

Have a problem with this unlocking, can you help?

Have the purple sim, and the unlock code you sent (also printed on the sim letter as well) phone was locked to VM (EE) so needed this code..

BUT...when trying to enter the code, it says 'not allowed' tried the code with both '+1' and '+7' as per instructions, but both say 'not allowed' 

running out of time to get this swapped before the original sim expires??

Beginning to wonder if we should leave VM and find another provider, as getting a bit fed up with this now...

Would appreciate any help ASAP please, as wife needs phone working, and don't have time to 'wait' when it won't work??

0 Kudos