Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

trying to cancel virgin mobile

I am disabled and i have been trying to contact virgin mobile for weeks now with no luck.

I tried the texting service and they said they couldn't help and told me to try the text relay service.

I tried the text relay service and it doesn't work so then i rang virgin mobile a few times and each time i was on the line for over an hour and no one answered.

So i tried the text service again and they still couldn't help and this was before the messages came through about restrictions with the virus.

I don't know what to do next as i have a few contracts and i have been told that they are changing the tariff and putting the prices up, which means i will be paying quite alot more for something i don't want.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: trying to cancel virgin mobile

Hi ljenner,

Thanks for your post. Did the SMS service advise why they couldn't assist you with this?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

they said they couldn't cancel contracts via text service

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

Please do call the team on 789//03456000789 tomorrow and they'll be able to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I will give it a try do you know what time they are open

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I have tried that number today and they are still not answering after holding on the line for over an hour. Also that is the number that I have been ringing for weeks.

I have never done it so difficult to deal with a company except virgin.

I really like virgin but i hate it when there is a problem because it is always so difficult to get it sorted with them.

All the other company that i have to deal with i have always managed to sort with them through email or chat but not virgin.

I have contracts that i haven't bothered canceling because i was only paying £1.05 on each and i don't even use the sim cards anymore but it is to much hassle trying to cancel them but then I get a letter from virgin saying they are all going to £8 each and if I am not happy I can cancel by 31st of March but I don't think that is going to happen at this rate maybe I should just cancel direct debits or something.

I don't understand how the text service can change your package but can't cancel it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still haven't managed to get through to virgin mobile they are totally useless. I guess all I can do is cancel the direct debits as I have all the texts to prove that I have been trying to get hold of them for a month now. 

The text relay service doesn't work and the text service couldn't do anything and the number doesn't answer after waiting over an hour every time.

0 Kudos