cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text "swap" or reqst PAC - moving from ultimate VM oomph sim to O2 volt sim

ezy
Up to speed

I have just moved from "ultimate oomph" to "ultimate Volt" and been sent a new sim.

the new o2 sim of course has a new number and I want to keep my old VM Sim number.  

However there are no instructions...   a half dozen emails from o2, all as a "new customer" and keeping me in formed with shipping and how to open an account using my given at the time email address.   

I also have a new VM contract email, with the new plan...  although it says I made the changes in Feb and the plan won't start until late Feb?    My broadband speed hasn't increased and my v6 still shows ~UHD content as "upgrade your a/c"   So I take it those start dates are real on the email!

However I also got a text from o2 to my VM sim phone number saying "thanks for your order, your sim is on its way & will be with you blar blar...    TO ACTIVATE YOUR SIM text SWAP to 20220"

However, I have also had an email showing my o2 account has started and the £25 dd will have been taken...   and everything that seems to apply to is the new o2 sim phone number on the a/c"

So I am confused.  Do I do the PAC request, input it on the o2 website under the standard transfer route?  That has not been instructed to be done at all.   Or do I just send a Text from my phone with the VM sim in it from my VM number saying "SWAP" 

and as a foot note I seem to be paying for both the new £25 O2 sim from now,  but won't stop paying for the VM Ooomph bundle for a month which is inclusive of the VM Sim and not the Bolt price.  ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ezy 

The following post should confirm the process to keep yuor original number

/Virgin-Mobile/Oomph-to-Volt-Contract-Keep-Number/td-p/4911802 

Hopefully a member of the Forum Staff can pick up this thread and confirm your account and payment query.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ezy 

The following post should confirm the process to keep yuor original number

/Virgin-Mobile/Oomph-to-Volt-Contract-Keep-Number/td-p/4911802 

Hopefully a member of the Forum Staff can pick up this thread and confirm your account and payment query.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ezy

Thanks for posting. In relation to this if you do get the PAC code, just give this to O2 and you'll be able to port your number over. 

You do get the SIM first but all benefits can take upto 14 days with Volt 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I renewed my contract with a better offer and they said I would receive a o2 sim in the post in 1 to 3 days that was on the 1st May and still haven't received one can any one help

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Megatron1968,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've not received your O2 SIM card yet.

Can you tell us if the call agent that you completed your package upgrade with, order the SIM card with you? Were you to receive a new mobile number, or were you going to port your number onto the new SIM card?

Please let us know so we can help.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The sim was to keep my old number as they sent me my pac code at the same time

Have you been able to speak to O2 to find out why you've not received the SIM @Megatron1968 ?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I thought virgin media sort that and send them out to you that's why am waiting 

Can anyone help please. I am still waiting for my 02 sim card

We'd send the order across and O2 would issue it their end and send it to you. 

Let us know how you get on so we can offer further support if needed.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team