Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sim inactive

T  [MOD EDIT: Personal information removed]

My last communication worked in July. Since begining of September I have a "sim inactive", impossible to use.

In my account PAYG I still have £ 127,32, account can be accessed. By now I could not make any call since more than 90 days, but the problem of blocking started before in September.

In case my number went back to the pool, I suppose that I can get it as any other client. In case of a new number, I need the transfer of £ 127,32 to the new account, no premeditated theft please...

Actually I am visiting relatives in Switzerland, so a replacement of sim should to be sent to me to:

[MOD EDIT: Personal information removed]

Thank you for help.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sim inactive

Hello
I am afraid that VM cannot send out a SIM when you are not in the UK, even if they could I am afraid that as all SIMs are not activated when sent out, they will only activate when connected to their home UK network, the only way around this is for VM to send the SIM to a family member or friend and for them to place in a phone to activate it and then for them to forward the activated SIM to you.
Can you let the forum know if this can be done and then a member of the VM forum team can arrange the replacement to be sent to a UK address.

One other point as well is that is if no chargeable call or text is made in the last 90 days then I am afraid that the number is lost as well as any credit, and as Virginmedia no longer do any Pay As You Go SIM they will not be able to issue another SIM or transfer the credit too if they could.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your insightful answer. I see two problems in this situation.

First, the sim card "defect" started before 90 days, the first reaction was to wait and see, supposing it was a temporary problem. Clearly the client has no possibility to act technically on the blocking or defect, which does NOT express any intention of the client to terminate, so more that a lot of money was still in the account exoressing clearly the intention of continuing the use for which the client paid. So no controle from the client on the "free" actions of VM.

Second, in the system of state law, we have a hierarchy system of the laws: if a lower law or regulation contradicts the upper law, the judge will stop the (wrong) application of the lower law/regulation, in a court decision; now you can imagine that a PRIVATE so-called regulation, which amount to theft of clients, will not stand in court and contradicts any standard of law, the simple fact it is written in a regulation does not put it above the law: theft is theft, if announced it is premeditated theft. 

About the problem of activating a new sim, if a friend or anybody else could do it for me in UK, then more simply some nice guy from VM can also do it, in fact, technically...

As initially I contacted VM under the form of a complain, I suppose it wise to wait for the specific answer. Netherthe less reading on the internet and blogs how many people/clients got robbed through these sim stops, We can wonder if VM needs to make business in such ways ? is it worth losing the face ?

Best greetings, hoping on good common sense.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PS:

I can still access my account, and made a little top-up of 5.- £ to see if it unblocks the situation, till now noreaction.

I saw some comment telling: if after 90 days you top-up, it can unblock because untill180 days the account remains active, and only after 180 days the phone number goes back in the common pool. Is it still true ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The terms and conditions clearly state 90 days, the number has gone I am afraid, there is nothing that VM can do to re-activate that number. Have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/our-service#3 section 3.8.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you.

As stated in a previous answer, the block/defect of the sim card started BEFORE 90 days.

As stated in a previous answer, blocking AND "keeping" my credit is unlawful. Do I have to go to court to have a judge decide ? in my opinion the said article 3... does not stand in front of the Law.

Never did I receive any warning from VM about important changes (you wrote now about PAYG is canceled), is there some politic of VM to force clients canceling PAYG agreements ?

Doesn't look nice at all.

Any case thanks for your explanations, have a good week-end. With mask !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You have agreed to the Terms and Conditions which are a contract of usage, it will be up too you where you take it now.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos