Menu
francesca2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

refer a friend £50 cashback

I bought broadband using the refer a friend scheme.

How do I claim my £50 cashback?

When do I receive the £50 cashback?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: refer a friend £50 cashback

Thanks for the post Francesca2020 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you picked out of the selection of offers when you were emailed the refer a friend offer from when your friend submitted their referral form?

If you selected a different offer this would not have been added. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
francesca2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Yes I did select the referral link, and used it to purchase broadband.

I spoke to customer service while purchasing broadband and they confirmed the offer had gone through, but I can't see any evidence of this.

Can you check my referral is on the system?

Please note, I replied to this message last week but it seems to have been removed.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi francesca2020,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Please see here for further information relating Refer a Friend

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
alg0591
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: refer a friend £75 reward

A family friend used my Aklamio referral code last Saturday when he set up his account as a new customer and ordered the broadband and only sim bundle. Only 2 days later, I received an email saying that the reward of £75 had been declined by Virgin Media- my family friend informed me that he also received the same email.

There was no reason as to why both our rewards were declined by Virgin Media. He spent ages on Saturday on the phone to customer service setting up his account and using my referral code which Virgin Media staff took ages to process. 

I called customer service today and was told that there was no trace of anything as such being recorded on my account despite having the confirmation and declination emails for the reward, not to mention the recorded phone conversations by my family friend. 

It's not the first time I've been messed around by Virgin Media customer service who PRETEND to help but in fact cause further problems. I feel that my family friend and I have been mis-sold and misled. This is unacceptable. My family friend is already thinking to cancel his order and I certainly will not be renewing my contract.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alg0591
Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with our refer a friend process, I can take  look into this for you, I will pop you over a private message and we can take a look into this for you 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for messaging with me alg0591,

I am glad I could help you resolve this

thanks.