Menu
lurchy
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

new sim and carrier change

not a happy bunny at all , just had delivery of new sim only deal to replace old rolling monthly sim . thought it would be straight forward , slip out old virgin sim , insert new virgin sim........oh no !!!

you forgot one major thing  ,  old sim ran on EE network , new one runs on your own network . therefore any iPhone locked to EE doesn't now work ,  you forgot or just deliberately didn't tell me this.. 

4 calls later and i'm about done with virgin , no one gives a **bleep** . I now have a phone with a new sim I cant use and an old sim which you've deactivated and cant reinstate . 

up to me to unlock phone , 72 hrs . I wonder how much work i'll loose in 72hrs . 

any advice ????? 

at this rate phone is getting cancelled as well as home phone ,tv and broadband 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: new sim and carrier change

Hi lurchy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Please accept my apologies for not being able to use your new SIM card.

Some handsets require unlock codes to be generated for the new Virgin Mobile purple SIM cards. If they handset is registered on the account then this can be generated quickly and will be included in the pack with the SIM.

If you purchased the handset from a third party then it's likely not to be registered on the account and therefore the unlock code would not be generated. There may be a way around this though depending on the model of iPhone.

Are you still having issues with this?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos