Menu
Patti3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new SIM

Months ago I was asked for my address as my SIM would stop working. I found this very odd but I replied with my address anyway. Nothing happened. Then a couple of months after that I was sent another text saying thanks for giving us your address but we didn't process it properly so send it to us again. As getting through to Virgin is impossible I replied AGAIN with y address. Now, months later I received a partial incomplete message. The part I can read says it insert a new SIM as my phone will stop working. I never received a SIM. I was on hold for half an hour trying to get through on the phone and then the phone disconnected. Then I tried chat. Unfortunately I do not remember my passcode but I do know my name, Virgin number, my address, the last phone number I called and the amount of my last top up. Apparently that is not enough to identify me. I do not remember the exact date i bought the last top up so i did not get anywhere. so i had to phone again and again was on hold for 30 minutes. after finally getting through i get told you sent the sim to a wrong address, despite texting you the correct address TWICE. i have now spent hours on this mistake that Virgin made

0 Kudos
Patti3
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new SIM

I was put on hold again as the operator was updating the new address and then the call ended. What is going on with Virgin?! 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new SIM

Hi Patti3,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have not received your SIM card. The SIM cards are being replaced since we have updated our networks since 2017. You can find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/sim-help

Were you able to get through and get things sorted since your post? If not I've sent you a PM to get your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos