cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to cancel my mobile phone now I'm living in USA

Graeme523
Joining in

We moved to USA in 2019 and I kept my mobile phone going in the belief I'd be back for visits - COVID-19 has stopped that!  So I need to cancel the phone contract but I cannot get through on UK-based numbers listed on the website.  Can somebody help me please?  I have a small monthly single-phone contract that just auto-renews each month using DirectDebit to my UK bank account.  Thanks guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Graeme523,

Thank you for your post. 

To speak with the Mobile team to cancel an account you would need to call +44 7953 967 967

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does +44 345 6000 789 work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Graeme523,

Thank you for your post. 

To speak with the Mobile team to cancel an account you would need to call +44 7953 967 967

^Martin

Thanks Martin.  I'll try calling on Monday.

Graeme

I have tried to call this number several times but I always get the message : "The number you entered is invalid, please check and try again" ..... any suggestions please?

I just want to cancel my account now that I'm living abroad!

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for coming back to us.

Please send us a text on 07533016422 and we'll help further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thanks for this - I now cannot find my old English phone with the Virgin mobile SIM card in it!  It's been a couple of years while I've been waiting to get back to UK and use it and now I can't find it!

I'm so sorry - but I can text your number from my US-based mobile phone ..... will that work for you?

Apologies.  A very senior moment!

Graeme

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Graeme523

Under normal circumstances we wouldn't be able to assist you further however these are mitigating circumstances. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some further information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M