Menu
steven1231
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

change direct debit details

I am absolutely fuming! I rang on the 14th August to change my daughters tarriff and direct debit details and was advised this was not a problem. Then find the payment has been taken from my account instead of the her bank account. So, rang to speak to them 20 minutes ago. Not only do I get the rudest and unwilling to  listen representative, keep getting talked over and no apology, even though she admitted the notes state a change to payment details. Its topped off by her cutting me off. So I phone back and go through to cancellations. This gentleman was slightly more helpful, explains that the tarriff was changed without issue. But the payment details can't be changed to a different account than the named person. So, I explained that is exactly what should have been done on 14th August when my daughter also spoke to them as well. He just kept repeating cannot proceed with the change as need to speak to my daughter again. When I asked why it wasn't done originally got told cannot comment on previous contact. Oh and still no apology either! Please can someone train their staff properly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: change direct debit details

Hi steven1231,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have had this trouble. I can appreciate your frustration in this matter.

The gentleman you spoke to has given you the correct information with regards to a direct debit set up, this can only be for the name on the account unless we send out a direct debit mandate form that you will need to fill in and send back for us to make the changes for for you.

If you want to change the name on the account to your daughters name a transfer of responsibility needs to be done for this to happen and the team will need to speak to both you and your daughter for this.

I can only apologise that this request has not gone through when you called in to do this.

I'm not able to process this from here and it would mean calling into the team to arrange this. I would be happy to raise a case to register your dissatisfaction on your account for you. If you would like me to do this I will need some further information.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Take care,

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos