Menu
eestheerrs
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

can't create mobile account

I just received a new sim card together with the wifi my friend purchased and when I try to register an account for my new sim and number, it asks for the security answer but I have not set up a security question yet. And when I try to call customer service they wont help me because the account connected to my number is not in my name. I don't understand how there can be an account in a different name connected to my new sim card?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: can't create mobile account

Hi eestheerrs,

Thanks so much for posting on our forums page and welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you may have subscribed to one of our Oomph bundles which is what is called a 'quad-play' package, meaning that you have all 4 services with us bundled together (landline, TV, broadband and mobile). From what you have said in your post, it sounded like your friend signed up for the cable package. The mobile and cable account would be need to mirror each other, so whoever's name the cable services are under, the mobile account would need to match.

Do you have an email confirmation/letter which confirms the name of the account holder for your services?

Hope this helps - let me know if you are still seeking help with this.

0 Kudos