Menu
marshallste
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

account put into Default incorrectly on Equifax

I was a customer from March 2018 to March 2019 on a 1-year Broadband Contract. I paid up to date on all my payments. I called in February 2019 to make sure my contract would be finishing in March as I had signed up for the year broadband plan.

I, therefore, canceled my direct debit thinking my contract with Virgin had finished in March 2019 and moved abroad to South America that same month.

I returned back to the UK in December 2019 with no knowledge of any debts as I was told my contract has finished in March 2019.

I am in the process of purchasing a house,  to my huge surprise on my credit report it states that I defaulted on payments from March 2019 to August 2019. I was told by Virgin when I called in February 2019 that my contract would finish in March 2019.

I do not understand why I have an outstanding payment and a default on my credit report. I need this looked into and charged immediately as I will lose the house I have reserved and already paid for the solicitors and financial advisor.

Total outstanding is £121
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: account put into Default incorrectly on Equifax

Hi marshallste,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear this has occurred, unfortunately isn't something we can resolve via the community forums but we can get this sorted through our Collections team on 0800 052 0360 from any phone. We’re open Monday to Saturday, 8am until 6pm, except for Bank Holidays where we’re open from 8am ‘til 5pm. We’re closed on Sundays.  Or you can reach us by email at: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos