Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Write for our Digital life blog

After 20 years of badgering from family and friends I finally got my first mobile phone well it was my husbands old iPhone 5s. We chose a Virgin sim only deal in December as we thought they are a premium trusted brand. How wrong we are, two months later hay ho they try and slap a 50% increase on the tariff not a vey good start. Googled this and it  appears to be a reoccurring theme they roll out on a regular basis. Two calls to customer services very difficult to understand due to very thick oriental sounding accents both times. Asked for PAC so we could leave by 31 March 2020 without a disconnection fee and message received advising their would be a £21.68 early exit fee what the hell is going on at Virgin? This is disgraceful 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Write for our Digital life blog

Hi there @belindamoore

Although we don’t like to, sometimes we increase our prices. This enables us to continue to invest in the network and offer exciting new additions to our services. We are always committed to giving the best products and services to our customers for the best value which is why being a Virgin Mobile customers gives you access to Data free messaging, monthly Data Rollover, access to Virgin Media hotspots throughout the UK and Worldwide and F-Secure internet security. 

If you are not happy about the price rise and wish to leave us, you need to cancel via our dedicated Retentions team. You have until 31st March to leave without paying any cancellation fees - I am sorry if you have been advised otherwise. 

Please do call to chat with us so we can process this correctly for you to avoid the charges. You can call them on 789 from your Virgin Mobile. 

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos