cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference

m00g
Superfast

Ok, i may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but I know which one i would go for but can someone please explain what exactly the difference is??

Whats the difference.png

Oh and just in case anyone decides to change them on the website, take this as notice that I will have the middle one (24 quid, unlimited everything) at YOUR advertised price thank you 🙂

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @m00g,

Our offers are subject to change, meaning a deal available one day may no longer the next and vice versa. We also have online only offers. As you state the agent advised you on the phone, you're welcome to take the cheapest offer if it's available to you.

If you've double-checked your spam/junk folder for the Trade Up/Trade In code and there's nothing there, please respond to the private message that I'll be sending you shortly and we can then take a closer look at what's going on for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

You just dont get it, if i now call a THIRD time i absolutely gaurantee I will get yet another version from another advisor.

Why would the second email with a second trade in code go to junk/spam when the FIRST code sent went straight to inbox?? But yes i checked my spam and it is completely empty and has been for a very very long time. When i check email, and i guess this is the same for everyone, the folder highlights new emails and that is the case for all folders in my app, webpage etc etc.

I need Steven_L to get the dogs out again me thinks but to be perfectly honest with you if after 23 years I am finding these inconsistencies with your various systems, personnel, packages etc what chance do new customers have??

I think it is probably best to take my five mobile contracts elsewhere.

I thank you for your time, but not the advice, the advice only leads to frustration and anger at the varying degrees of lies and knowledge demonstrated by offshore call centres which is not the case with other providers I have experience of. Sky, Three even Vodafone (yuk) go the extra mile to resolve issues and concerns.

I will be sending screenshots and recordings to OFCOM over the mobile issue, two calls and numerous posts here have yielded nothing, may be they can see that your "offers" and "plans" are extremely confusing and misleading. What one sales advisor states is NEVER the same with another.

Good day to you all.

account lock.png

Screenshot above shows i cannot make any changes.

Screenshot_20220409-140806_My Virgin Media.jpg

Screenshot above, taken in the last five minutes 14:10hrs, 9th April 2022, clearly shows the promotion is still active and clearly shows the app synced "now".

How can advisors at the sales team not see these offers OR why is it the website, staff, sales advisors in fact the entire Virgin Media company not keep these synced themselves??

Rediculous, pathetic and probably law breaking in the eyes of the ASA and OFCOM.

Flame away people.

Hi @m00g,

Thanks for the screenshot of the offer that you're referring to.

From what I can see from screenshot, though it is taken from My Virgin Media, what you're referring to at the bottom appears to be an ad from Samsung and the Disney+ offer is from them, not us. The ad banner in question doesn't have any Virgin Media branding, but it does have Samsung's logo.

You can refer to their website for more info: https://www.samsung.com/uk/boost/disneyplus/

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I only refer to Disney+, i already have it with Sky (great tv company), my point is YOU sold me a package that did not include the promotion when it should have.

Can you gaurantee that if i claim under the Samsung Promo for the devices you sent ( unique IMEI numbers) my claim will be honored?

Samsung Promo requires unique IMEI numbers but as you have sold a package that includes Buds 2, as opposed to Buds Pro, will i be succesful?? I doubt you can.

Hi @m00g,

I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to comment on an offer being provided directly via Samsung and not us due to them being a third party. That's something you'd need to reach out to them about if needed.

Regarding any offers we provide and what you've raised with us in this thread regarding that, please refer to our private messages where we've discussed this further, including the next steps.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

I have absolutely NO [REMOVED] IDEA what VM is doing!!

Having received my new devices I attempted trade in, all good until IMEI number is inserted and site reports INVALID IMEI.

I call support they advise calling the department responsible for trade in but they only work Monday to Friday. So today I call, the young lady at the other end inputs details and gets a valuation, £100 less than the site tells me, secondly she tells me my details ARE ONCE AGAIN ASSOCIATED WITH SOMEONE ELSES ACCOUNT !!!! wth!!!

I have already suffered this "mis association of private details" with Virgin Media where i was compensated previously and assured it WOULD NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

So GET YOUR [REMOVED] act together and get YOUR MOST SENIOR customer service manager to call me as I have had Virgin Media UP TO MY [REMOVED] BACK teeth

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

LOLOL

couldnt work it out so deleted post LOLOL

You may as well delete this too, great job

Thing is you were too late, many views LOLOL

UPDATE

Received a call from Likewise, Virgin Medias third party "partner" regarding my data.

The explanation was woolly but the upshot is that the advisor i spoke to was new and as such poorly trained. Great way to get try and get out of a complete mess by blaming the advisor, training is a company prerequisite for any business and as such the company Likewise is at fault.

It reminds me and cements my view of VM, offshore call centres with scripted staff, VMs poor security policy and VMs desire to do everything on the cheap.

My advice to ANYONE purchasing a device through VM then wanting to trade in with them is DONT. They ONLY use LIKEWISE for trade in who will reduce the value of your device in order to make the "Get an extra £100 for your device" promo self financing, highly coincidental that the value i saw BEFORE the code was added was REDUCED by £100 so when adding the code i was NOT getting an extra £100 as i was the one financing it.

SO PLEASE DO NOT BUY DEVICES FROM VM OR TRADE IN WITH THEM YOU, THE CUSTOMER, WILL LOSE OUT.

Hi there @m00g

Thank you so much for your post and update and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! 

I'm going to send you a PM now so I can grab a few details and get this looked into further for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.