Menu
jonsparrow91
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Website won't let me pay bill, now defaulted.

Hi,

In the process of applying for a mortgage, Equifax have turned out a default for a Virgin Mobile account that I cancelled in 2019, citing an outstanding balance of £19.16. This is despite payments going to Virgin at this time as seen on my bank statement.

The Virgin website won't even let me settle up what it thinks I owe and I've not been able to speak to anyone over the phone as I'm rejected by security questions despite answering with the information on the bill itself.

I'm attempting to log in using the email address on the bill, with my name on the bill and using the telephone number on the bill but all I get is "Oops, something went wrong". I attempt to create a new account, in case the account is separate from my broadband account, and it rejects the phone number in the email. Meanwhile there is a spurious default on my Equifax credit report that I am being blocked from resolving.

Does anyone have the contact details for accounts payable? Surely I shouldn't need the login information - despite having it on the bill Virgin sent me - in order to settle?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website won't let me pay bill, now defaulted.

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having pay an old bill with us and for the late reply @jonsparrow91.

Have you been able to get this resolved since you last posted?

If you haven't been able to get this resolved, please could you send a text message to our team on 0753 305 1809 and we can look into this further for you. Please be aware that this isn't an instant response service but the team will be with you as quickly as possible. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
jonsparrow91
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not; I was once again locked out by providing the information sent in the bill from Virgin themselves. I am asked for a password, I do not have a password for the mobile account (or else I would be able to log in and pay) and my password currently used for my fibre account is not accepted.

I will have to speak to the ombudsman.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, jonsparrow91,

If you have the mobile number and can answer secondary, account-based questions to confirm that you are the account holder then we can help.

What I will do is send you a private message to confirm these.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos