cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt virgin mobile transfer to O2 - our other virgin phone cannot ring it

ICEv
Tuning in

We recently changed to the volt package. As part of this we had to change the virgin sim to an o2 sim. We managed to do this and port the virgin mobile number. This mobile is working fine.

Our challenge is that one of our other virgin mobiles in our household, when we try to ring the o2 mobile just beeps a few times and the call is terminated. Our other virgin mobile and Vodafone mobile can ring the o2 mobile fine…. 

We have telephoned virgin and done all the things advised (reset the settings, updated software, cleared cache, make sure its not blocked etc…) none of this has worked.

So, the o2 mobile my daughter has, the virgin mobile that does not ring the o2 mobile is my wife’s, so now my wife cannot ring my daughter….. any ideas where the error is or how can Virgin fix this problem…?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome ICEv. At this point I would recommend speaking with O2 so they can check the porting to see if everything went through okay.

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ICEv, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear of the issue that you've been having here - can I ask where it has been confirmed that the issue is from this side? Before porting over to O2 was they able to make the calls between each other? It sounds like the provisioning/routing of the port needs to be checked from O2's side just from first reading. Another thing to try and I know it sounds daft - but can you fully delete the number from the phone that can't make the call and once deleted can you dial the number but with 141 before it, let me know what happens. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan, Thank you for the suggestion, I tried this but it made no difference. Before my daughter's virgin sim was transferred to o2 there was no issues at all. It is very bizarre, so you think the error is with o2 that they will not allow my wifes virgin phone number to phone the o2 number? Do I report it to o2 as a provisioning/routing error ?

Thanks ICEv

You're welcome ICEv. At this point I would recommend speaking with O2 so they can check the porting to see if everything went through okay.

^Martin

Thanks for the advice, bizarrely the phone has started to work now all on its own, maybe it was deleting the contact and adding it again and then waiting 24 hours... who knows, but glad it's sorted now. Thanks for the advice everyone 🙂

Hi ICEv, 

Thanks for popping back and letting us know things are resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Take care in the meantime. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs