Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin threatening my credit, not responding to my calls or emails

copy-pasting from a trustpilot review I made, Virgin have hardly put the effort in, I don't feel the inclination to either.
This is in regard to a mobile bill, I recieved a text informing me that Virgin were deactivating my SIM card and sending me out a new one. This new SIM never came. I made this very clear to Virgin, and they insisted that it was on the way. After months of not having a working phone, I cancelled my direct debit payments and got a new contract, after all, Why should I pay for a service I can't use? Naturally once Virgin realised they weren't getting my precious money I was assaulted by various vaguely threatening emails and letters telling me that my phone bill was racking up. A few times I'd send another email, a complaint, even bear the migraine inducing holding music for up to 40 minutes before I decided to give up waiting for an answer, always explaining the situation, always being told to pay up or they'd attempt to mess with my credit.

This still hasn't been resolved, but as far as I'm concerned Virgin is in breach of contract for negligence. I have made the situation very clear for the better half of a year now and don't see how any civil claims court could find me guilty of anything barring some absurd legal technicality, which is probably likely.

That's about it, this is the last effort I'm making to try and resolve this situation, there's absolutely no way I'm going to tolerate 40+ minutes of that horrific holding music that sounds like someone recording a song playing in another room with a Nokia phone from 2003 only for someone I can barely hear to tell me that I need to transfer to somewhere else and wait another hour. It's like that South Park episode where the customer support guys are all literal sadists. I'd rather take the credit hit, or try my luck in a civils claims court or wherever these things go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin threatening my credit, not responding to my calls or emails

Hi Pbeaton123,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile account looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, I just want to ask for further information about this please - 

• When you notified us that your handset was not delivered, did we do a Lost In Transit (LIT) investigation? If so what was the outcome?
  • Did you make a formal complaint about this? Was this dealt with and deadlocked? 
  • Was it Royal Mail or Yodel?

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"When you notified us that your handset was not delivered, did we do a Lost In Transit (LIT) investigation? If so what was the outcome?"
- I have no idea, I don't remember an investigation coming up, I do remember being told a new SIM card would be sent out, I'm not even sure if I'm still supposed to be waiting for it, this was back in July

"Did you make a formal complaint about this? Was this dealt with and deadlocked?"
- I've made several complaints, I've tried calling customer service several times, I've tried emailing and filing formal complaints, basically no outcome or any discernable effort to amend the situation. I've cancelled my direct debit payments for a few months now and have asked to cancel my account entirely, but customer support has stated they can't do this if I have outstanding bills, however I don't see any reason to pay anything for a service I haven't recieved.

"Was it Royal Mail or Yodel?"
- I have no idea, for all I know it could arrive in the mail tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Megan_L  - you ask - When you notified us that your handset was not delivered,

to my reading the OP is talking about a sim card not a handset - somewhat different and sort of affects your other questions

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Pbeaton123 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we are able to take a further look into things on our end. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos