Menu
Marvortin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin cancelled

My daughters husband walked out on her and the kids 2years now, he won’t give her password or permission to change account. This has caused my daughter so much stress , today after months of trying to sort it Virgin turned off all services to my daughters house even though the bill is paid up to date. Think this is disgraceful by Virgin, so unhelpful in this matter as it goes on and on not a good advertisement for Virgin. Common sense could have sorted this but talking to robots or people who don’t know their job is what you get from this company . Sorry but I will be cancelling my account .

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin cancelled

If it's in the daughters husband's name then she should sign up as a new customer in her own name

jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

unfortunately if the 'contract' is in his name then virgin have done what any other company would do, even if your daughter was paying the bill throughout, it is who undertook the legally binding contract that counts.

as jb66 says, your daughter could have just signed up as a new customer in her name. she would likely have got it cheaper too being a new customer.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marvortin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with the account. 

To be able to access an account and investigated the person would need to be able to pass data protection. 

As advised by other user if you daughter isn't the account holder then she would be best to sign up to her own new account. 

^Martin

0 Kudos