cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Oomph Sim card query

MartJ
Rising star

I have just upgraded to VM 360 Boxes, 1 gbit broadband and I appear to have also been sent a Oomph Sim Card, no idea what I will do with it as still on contract, the letter it came with said Monthly Plan cost was £0, yet today I received a letter saying a DD had been set up to pay for airtime.

Questions
1. If cost is £0 per month why is a DD needed?

2. No mention of setting a DD up was mentioned during my upgrade conversation so this has been set up without my express permission why?

3. If I cancel DD with bank, what will happen re sim card?

Look forward to getting answer to these questions.

I have 2 streams running on 2 different boards now about things not working properly since upgrade last week, now I get this. As yet no answers to any of the questions on the other 2 streams, perhaps 3rd time lucky!

Martin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Martin,

The DD set up on the oomph sim card is in case you call a premium rated number or send chargeable picture messages using the sim.

I've only ever been charged 50 pence twice (picture messaging) since November 2018.

EDIT

If you cancel the DD then the sim card will be removed from your Oomph bundle and you'll also lose any discount you may currently have and you'll probably be moved to a different package.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Martin,

The DD set up on the oomph sim card is in case you call a premium rated number or send chargeable picture messages using the sim.

I've only ever been charged 50 pence twice (picture messaging) since November 2018.

EDIT

If you cancel the DD then the sim card will be removed from your Oomph bundle and you'll also lose any discount you may currently have and you'll probably be moved to a different package.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the clarification, it would help if Virgin Media had explained this in their communication. I can safely put it to one side knowing I won't be charged airtime whilst it is sitting in drawer.

Martin

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It comes in handy if your main internet is ever off, or you're out and about and want to watch anything on your phone/tablet.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Would  only be 4G here no 5G on VM in Telford currently 

Martin