Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile send me a new SIM card from T-Mobile UK. Also, my free voice mail pay as you go is gone.

1.) This year Virgin Mobile send me a new SIM card from T-Mobile UK. Why T-Mobile? 2.) Also, my free voice mail as part of Virgin Mobile pay as you go for 15 years is no longer free of charge. 3.) Also, some websites do not recognize my mobile number saying it is not available even so the mobile number still works.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile send me a new SIM card from T-Mobile UK. Also, my free voice mail pay as you go is gone

Are you in the USA? If so wrong Forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile send me a new SIM card from T-Mobile UK. Also, my free voice mail pay as you go is gone

No, I am in the UK.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile send me a new SIM card from T-Mobile UK. Also, my free voice mail pay as you go...

Hi Muller1,

Welcome to the community forums.

I'm really puzzled as to why you have received a T-Mobile SM card, are you sure it was sent from us? Did the SIM card arrive in our packaging or T-Mobile packaging? Do you have a picture of the SIM/packaging you could post here, please? Removing any details/SIM information from the picture, of course.

What happens when you try to access your voicemail? How were you made aware of the charge?

Apologies for all the questions, they will just help us figure out what's going on 🙂

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile send me a new SIM card from T-Mobile UK. Also, my free voice mail pay as you go...

Thank you
I do not have the envelope any more but I have 'the rest of the sim card' after pushing out the 'actual sim card' and this clearly is from Virgin mobile. Also, the envelope clearly did not say 'T-Mobile'. I had nothing to do with T-Mobile before and would have registered the different name T-Mobile. The first time I noticed T-Mobile when the name appeared on the screen where the name Virgin Mobile used to appear.

Access voicemail
Even before the change of sim card earlier in the year I was suddenly and without notice charged for accessing my free voicemail. Of course my credit ran low, I received a txt re low credit, I locked on to my virgin mobile account, saw what had happened and topped up my credit. Then I was informed to accept a new sim card or lose all. I accepted and soon the new sim card arrived.
Thanks
Kind Regards
Reinhold Muller
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What mobile do you have? Some devices only know it's Virgin Mobile when it's the older SIM cards.

For the new ones they don't recognise the network so fall back to a 'default' network name which seems to be T-Mobile

What Pay as You Go plan are you on? Quite a few have a 26p per call access charge for Voicemail - you can access the costs for all plans here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-plans
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thank you
My mobile (Nokia 100) definitely is not new.
It was a Pay As You Go with free email.
Now I am charged 26p per access charge for Voicemail and I was not even told about the change.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, that phone is too old to name the network correctly for the new SIMs. It doesn't affect how the service works.

As for the Voicemail charge, I don't know why it's changed without you knowing about it. Pay As You Go customers have been moved off plans that have been discontinued over the last year or so and placed on a different one. However they did get notified of the change in plan.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos