Menu
Koolmacher
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile lost my number during port from Smarty

Got a Virgin SIM as part of the ultimate oomph bundle so I got my PAC from my old network Smarty and tried to port my number using the Virgin mobile customer web page but it kept crashing when I tried so tried again the following day. Then got an error message telling me the PAC code was already in use with a different provider contacted Virgin who told me to request another PAC code from Smarty but Smarty said my PAC code was still valid. Contacted Virgin they said they couldn't use it as it was already in use and my Smarty account has now been closed because my number has been ported! What has happened to my existing number because it no longer works?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile lost my number during port from Smarty

Hi Koolmacher,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for taking the time to post here.

I'm sorry to hear there's been a few issues with porting over your existing mobile number over to us. Have you been able to sign up to My Virgin Mobile since joining us? If so, can I ask that you please sign into your account to check what mobile number is showing under your SIM and whether you can see the port order? 

Do let us know and we can go from there.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Koolmacher
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still showing the Virgin number [DELETED] and no mention of porting underway and when I try to port it still says that "unfortunately it looks like this PAC code is already in use with a different provider". Which can only be yourself because it's the only website I tried to enter it on.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking for us Koolmacher.

I'm going to send you over a PM so I can take some further details and look into this for you.

Please check out the purple envelope for my message.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Koolmacher,

Thanks for your PM. I'm glad to hear it's all been sorted for you now. Apologies again for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If you need anything else, you know where to find us 🙂

All the best,

Beth

Beth