Menu
Walter11
Tuning in
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Registration

I am trying to set up an account but the system will not accept my email address which is the same as used to join this community. I managed to speak to a girl in the Philippines yesterday who promised to resolve with the Technical team. She texted me back this morning with a code to re-register but the system still refuses to accept my email address. Help! Trying to speak to someone is a nightmare as there are lengthy delays in waiting to get through.

0 Kudos
Walter11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Registration

I was recently sent a new Simcard for my payasyougo phone. The phone (a Nokia) would not accept the card so I got a new phone (a MobiWire) and the Simcard was accepted. Virgin does not seem now to recognise me on line so I have tried to register afresh but without success. The problem seems to be that my email address is not acceptable. When I enter the address into the required field along with all the other details I am rejected as not having given my email address and there is no recourse to any query line. Prior to attempted registration I had to go via the 789 number to speak to an human (a ridiculously long wait on the phone) to get a mobile package and want to avoid this in future. How can I register?

It maybe that the Nokia phone is linked to an old email address as the phone was given to me as a gift many years ago, but I have no way of verifying this.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Registration

Hi there @Walter11

Welcome to our Community - sorry that you're having some issues setting up your online account. 

Can you advise what error you are getting when trying to set this up? Have you tried an alternative email address to see if that works? 

You can use this link to begin the registration process - please do have a check with another email address if you can (this can be changed once registered) and let us know what happens. If you have any error messages or screenshots, that would also be helpful. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Walter11
Tuning in
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

When I get to the registration page where you have to register your email address twice and then your password twice, I get a ticks against the password but crosses against my email address. I do not have another email address but have never had trouble before in registering my email address.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Walter11

That is rather odd - I have located your account from your forum information; please can you check  your text messages for me to see if you have received anything? Keep me posted and we;ll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Walter11
Tuning in
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Katie

Have just received the following "Hello! You can register your number with this authentication code, it's good for 24 hours:JMM87URD". This is similar to the message I received this morning but it did not work. The email address I am trying to register is the one we are currently communicating on.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Walter11

Yes - we can see your email. 

I have sent another code - please do  not use the new code. Can you just let me know what it is please? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Walter11
Tuning in
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Katie

Code is KAK6PYFL

Walter

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much @Walter11

We have successfully managed to register your account using that code and with your email address that you used to sign up to our Forums. Please check your email over the next 24 hours for a confirmation that this was successful and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Walter11
Tuning in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Katie

Thanks. Will be in touch as requested once email received.

Walter

0 Kudos